So the lovely and hilarious Sophie at Sophisticated Side Ponytail mentioned me on her blog and passed on this award.
Thanks Sophie! An award plus time-wasting fun! Squeeee!
Here’s the drill: I answer some questions, then pass this lovely award onto six bloggers. Let’s see if I can earn this one with some crazy-pants answers to these questions:
1. Where is your cell phone: Sitting on the table next to me. This is a very odd question. Makes me wonder if this whole meme was designed by a cell phone company to get statistical info on the cell phone using population. Perhaps I am a bit paranoid.
2. Your hair: is EVERYWHERE. It’s halfway down my back at this point because I am scared to find a new stylist. My old one was AMAZING. Funny. Cute. And knew how to cut and color my hair exactly like I wanted it. How can I ever find a replacement? Not a week goes by where I don’t wonder if it would be worth the four-hour drive to get him to cut my hair again.
3. Your mother: Smart. Confident. Strong as hell. A survivor. Talented. Shares my love of cats and books and dream interpretation. Makes me proud to be her daughter.
4. Your father: Kind. Generous. A wonderful cook. Laughs out loud at movies. Finds beauty all around him. Beloved by many. My hero.
5. Your favorite food: There is no way I can choose just one. No way. It’s not tomatoes, that’s for sure.
6a. Your dream from last night: Oh lordy you do not want to get into my head. My dreams are crazy town to the max.
6b. Your favorite drink: Alcoholic: Tie between margaritas and Reisling. Cold: Shaken black tea lemonade from Starbucks. Hot: English breakfast tea.
7. Your dream/goal: Writing and publishing a book. Or many books.
8. What room are you in: My office. Slash guest room. But mainly office.
9. What is your hobby: Um. Do I have a hobby? Does watching copious amounts of TV count? How about eating a lot?
10. What is your fear: I can have only one? Hmm…. Disappointing the people I love.
11. Where do you want to be in 6 years: Still very much in love. Enjoying slightly more financial security. Living in a Real House OMG I AM SICK OF APARTMENTS. Spending more time pursuing my dreams.
12. Where were you last night: In my office, in front of my computer, working on a project until 1:45 am.
13. Something you are not: Easy going. I think I fake it pretty well. But I have to try really, really hard to pull it off.
14. Muffins: I am not a fan. Mini muffins, I can tolerate. And for some reason, Husband cannot stand mini muffins. I do not know why – they are cute AND tasty!
15. Wish list items: Longer legs. A really great pair of jeans. The ability to wear ruffles without feeling like an ass.
16. Where did you grow up: The wild wild west.
17. Last thing you did: Sent in a writing assignment for review.
18. What are you wearing: Running pants in my college colors. A white sports bra. A grey Hanes wife beater. My husband’s socks. Pink panties (yes, I said it!) from Gap body. A TOTAL TURN ON, Internet. I am dead sexy.
19. Your TV: is like a very savvy drug dealer. Knows how to get me hooked… And keeps coming up with new concoctions to keep me interested.
20. Your pets: No pets to call my own! Although my parents have a cat that I adore. He’s a spunky slash crazy tabby cat who likes to slash my skin to shreds when I see him. You have to really earn his love.
21. Your friends: Live too far away. Either that or they have the swine flu.
22. Your life: Boring. Predictable. But 98% pleasant.
23. Your mood: Ravenous. Otherwise, pretty content.
24. Missing someone: My baby brother!!!!! He was in Iraq for nine months and just returned. And since he’s based in freaking ALASKA, I won’t see him until he’s out of the Army.
25. Vehicle: 2003 Navy Honda CR-V.
26. Something you’re not wearing: Makeup.
27. Your favorite store: Three-way tie among Target, Banana Republic, and Zappos.
28. Your favorite color: For wall paint: mocha. For clothing: black or heather grey. For eyes: Blue (like my husband’s). In general: Blue. Although I am loving the fiery oranges and reds that have flamed up all around my neighborhood.
29. When’s the last time you laughed: Ten minutes ago. My husband said something goofy. He makes me laugh like none other.
30. When’s the last time you cried: Um. Probably this morning? I am a Big Crier. I cry when I am worried. And I worry ALL the time. I cry when I’m mad. And I have kind of a hot temper. I cry when I’m overcome with emotion. So, yeah, when I got the stupid e-mail forward about the kid who was going to commit suicide until he met a new friend, yeah, I cried.
31. Your best friend: Well, obviously that’s my hubby. But I do have some lady besties as well. The three of them live in three corners of the country – east coast, north west, and mid west. None of them live near me. And the last time I saw any of them was in December at my wedding.
32. One place you go over and over: Banana Republic
33. One person who emails me regularly: My mommy! We e-mail at least once a day.
34. Favorite place to eat: This question is impossible to answer. I LOVE food. So how about I answer the opposite question, “Favorite place to NOT eat”? And that would be any fast food establishment (barring Chipotle, Moe’s, and Taco Johns – sense a pattern?); any restaurant that looks the least bit sketchy or dirty; and other people’s homes (sorry – there’s just no way you are as anal retentive as I am in the kitchen and that’s not your fault – I am CRAZY). Also, outside. Not loving it when bugs get in my food.
Okay. Now you know more about me than you ever wanted to.
Now comes the Passing of the Award. I’d like to give it to:
Jen of The Life Accounts
Courtney of Sticky Lipgloss
Jessica of Acting Adult
Amanda of The Mom Job
Kristina of My Lesson in Humilty
And Kaley of Cheap Therapy (because new mommies have PLENTY of time to fill out memes, right?!)
Thanks again, Sophie!