1. I think our microwave is haunted. Seriously. When we were cooking dinner tonight, the fan just randomly turned on. And then it randomly turned off about three minutes later. SPOOKY. I think we have a poltergeist.
2. Episode One of Season Two of The Tudors? Snooze fest. Husband said it reminds him of a BBC documentary. BBC as in “Boring British Channel.” Maybe I am just worn out by the historical inaccuracies and the terrible accents.
3. Does Facebook make anybody else feel bad about themselves? I hate it. When I post a witty status update, I feel embarrassed/hurt when no one comments. When random people from high school comment on the statuses of other random people from high school, I wonder, “Why didn’t they comment on my status?” When I find out that people from high school I do not care about and have not thought about in years are on Facebook, I wonder why they didn’t friend me. (Forget the fact that I did not friend them and never would.) And then I wonder, why did they friend Betty from Algebra class? They weren’t even close! Bleh. I hate it. And yet I am completely addicted to it. I seriously check it 10 times a day.
4. When a coworker found out I was going to do nothing all weekend (except catch up on work) since Husband will be in the hospital… she told me that she goes on dates with herself when her husband is MIA. Which I thought was so awesome! She does something “girly” that her husband wouldn’t be into. Then she treats herself to lunch and a glass of champagne. How nice does that sound? Too bad a “date with myself” translates into watching reruns of 90210 on the Soap Network and catching up on the massive pile of unread posts in my Google reader.
5. Am I the only twenty-something alive who hates text messaging with a firey passion? I HATE IT. I have a dear beloved friend who likes to check her text messages while we are talking on the phone. And I get all stabby when she does it. Then the other day, she actually READ OUT LOUD one of the texts she got while we were talking. Why bother calling me? Clearly, I am not important in the least. For the sake of all that is holy. At least wait until you are OFF THE PHONE to check your text messages.
6. Zappos has got me hooked. I love love love that you can order 30 pairs of shoes at once… and then take your sweet old time returning the pairs you don’t like. In the past, I would order maybe two pairs… and then return one within a week. But now I have 10 pairs of shoes in my apartment. Some of which I ordered in May. When I lived in a completely different state. I have not worn any of them – except the pair I’m going to keep. But somehow, I still feel guilty, having lived with these shoes for four months and now wanting to return them. Zappos, your evil plan is working!
7. How do you feel about parents on Facebook? I could care less. My sister in law is NOT a fan. My husband is totally “meh” about it. But when I found out that a friend was engaged THROUGH MY MOTHER IN LAW – and she found out on Facebook, before I did… that made me second guess my laissez faire attitude just a little bit.